South African Surprise 2020 – 2021
From R28330per person
From Big 5 safaris to explorations of coastal wetlands and inland mountains, this is the ultimate South African journey.
Spend two weeks discovering the very best of South Africa. Highlights include Big 5 safaris in the Kruger National Park, a trip through the Kingdom of eSwatini and time spent in the wetlands of St Lucia. Visit the country’s largest mountain range, the Drakensberg, then meander down the pretty Eastern Cape Coast to Knsyna. The Garden Route is the final part of your journey before spending a few days in Cape Town.
DepartureJohannesburg, South Africa
IncludeKruger National Park Conservation Fees14 breakfasts4 dinnersPorterageAccommodationProfessional English-speaking GuideTransportationSightseeing
Not Included3 x Mittagessen13 x Fruhstuck6 x Fruhstuck5 x Fruhstuck2 x Mittagessen1 x Abendessen4 x Abendessen1 x Mittagessen11 x FruhstuckBesichtigungen laut ReiseplanGepacktragergebuhrenTransportUbernachtung3 x Fruhstuck3 x Abendessen2 x craft beer tastings and brewery tours1 wine tasting at Buitenverwachting Wine EstateKliptown Open Air Museum11 breakfasts1 x cheese & wine pairing1 wine tasting and a BBQ (Braai) lunch)2 x Craft Beer Tastings & a Beach BBQ (Braai) dinnerBoulders Beach1 wine tasting of five wines at Groot Constantia Wine EstateVisit to V&A WaterfrontMuizenberg BeachTable Mountain (excludes the cost of the Cable Way ticket & weather permitting)USB charging ports onboard vehicleWifi onboard vehicle1 wine tasting and a 2 course winelands lunchEntrance to the Franschhoek Motor MuseumSurface Tour at the Cullinan Diamond MineProfessional English Commentary only2nd Wine Tasting (time permitting)Shore-based Whale ExperienceCarlton CentreEntrance into Cradle of Humankind and SterkfonteinHector Peterson Memorial site (photo opportunity only)Lilliesleaf FarmEntrance to Sun City ResortClosed vehicle game drive in PIlanesburg Game ReserveVisit to Paul Kruger HouseVisit the Voortrekker MonumentVisit the Apartheid MuseumVisit to Hector Peterson MemorialRegina Mundi ChurchVisit to Constitution HillReturn transfer from main Sandton / Rosebank HotelsEntrance fees: God’s Window, Three Rondawels and Bourkes Luck PotholesBottled waterKruger National Park Conservation FeesReturn transfers from central Hazyview HotelsEntrance fee in to Addo Elephant National ParkClosed vehicle game drive in Addo Elephant National ParkElectric mountain bikes, helmets & water bottlesKirstenbosch Botanical Gardens1x wine-tasting at Stellenbosch Wine EstateCape Point Nature Reserve3 x wine tastings and 1 x cellar tourEstate is closed on Sundays, a visit to the Stoney Point Penguin Colony will be included instead.1 x wine-tasting at Bouchard Finlayson Wine EstateWelcome drink on arrivalEnglish-speaking game ranger2 -3 hour open vehicle game driveGuided tours at Zeits MOCCA and the Norval FoundationGuided tours of Company Gardens and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens3 x gin tastings2 hour cruise accompanied by marine biologistsChocolate and wine pairingCloete CellarCape Dutch Manor House at Groot ConstantiaGroot Constantia Wine EstateEntrance fees for guided tour of the Heart Museum2 x wine tastingsPassage on the wine tramEntrance to the Oranjezicht City Farm Market and Neighbourgoods Market at Old Biscuit MillInteractive djembe drumming session and set menu dinnerReturn transfers to / from Cape Town City Center Hotels with English driver onlyHigh tea buffetAn accredited fully licensed guide and use of riding gear1 x craft beer or 1 x wine tastingReturn transfers to / from Cape Town City Centre HotelsNational Park permits2 wine tastingsInteractive Djembe drumming session & set menu dinnerShow, 4-course dinner and a glass of sparkling wineRiding gear1 craft beer tasting or 1 wine tastingLunchComplimentary collection service from select hotels*Return transfers from Port Elizabeth city centre hotelsFull board at Chobe only4 breakfastsReturn airfare ex Johannesburg3 lunches13 breakfasts10 breakfasts2 dinners2 breakfasts6 breakfasts2 lunches1 dinner1 lunch5 breakfastsAccommodation3 dinners3 breakfastsEntry Fees
Day 1: Sunday - Johannesburg
Day 2: Monday - Johannesburg - Mpumalanga - Panorama Route
Day 3: Tuesday - Mpumalanga - Kruger National Park
Day 4: Wednesday - Mpumalanga - eSwatini (Swaziland)
Day 5: Thursday - eSwatini (Swaziland) - St Lucia and Surrounds
Day 6: Friday - St Lucia and Surrounds - Durban
Day 7: Saturday - Durban - Drakensberg
Day 8: Sunday - Drakensberg
Day 9: Monday - Drakensberg - Eastern Cape Coast
Day 10: Tuesday - Eastern Cape Coast - Tsitsikamma
Day 11: Wednesday - Tsitsikamma - Knysna
Day 12: Thursday - Knysna - Oudtshoorn - Mossel Bay
Day 13: Friday - Mossel Bay - Cape Town
Day 14: Saturday - Cape Town (unescorted)
Day 15: Sunday - Cape Town
- Rack Rates valid 01/01/21 – 31/12/21:
- DAY 2 - MONDAY: HAZYVIEW - SABIE RIVER BRIDGE SUNSET DINNER - R 550.00 per person
- Experience an exclusive el fresco bridge dinner, overlooking the magnificent Sabie River under a star studded sky. (This experience is weather permitting & subject to availability at the time of booking)
- DAY 3 – TUESDAY: KRUGER NATIONAL PARK – FULL DAY OPEN VEHICLE SAFARI – R 1 040.00 per person
- Join a full day open vehicle safari with a highly qualified field guide who is eager to share their knowledge and passion for this unique wilderness area.
- DAY 3 - TUESDAY: HAZYVIEW - SHANGAAN CULTURAL DINNER EXPERIENCE - R 550.00 per person
- Enjoy an African dinner feast and an evening of traditional Shangaan storytelling and entertainment.
- DAY 5 – THURSDAY HLUHLUWE-IMFOLOZI PARK – AFTERNOON OPEN VEHICLE SAFARI – R 870.00 per person
- Enjoy an afternoon, 3-hour open vehicle safari into the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park, Africa’s oldest game reserve and world renowned for its highly successful white rhino conservation programme.
- DAY 6 – FRIDAY – ST LUCIA: GAME VIEWING BOAT CRUISE – R 340.00 per person
- Enjoy a game viewing boat cruise in St Lucia (depending on weather conditions), getting up close to the sights and sounds of hippos and crocodiles and marvelling at the plentiful birdlife.
- DAY 8 – SUNDAY – SANI PASS: 4X4 ADVENTURE TOUR – R 1 425.00 per person
- Join a 4x4 tour up Sani Pass and into the tiny mountain Kingdom of Lesotho (passport required) which includes lunch at the highest pub in Africa.
- DAY 14 – SATURDAY – CAPE TOWN: AFRICAN DINNER & DRUMMING – R 830.00 per person
- Join a fun filled evening of interactive entertainment and delectable food at Gold Restaurant.
- DAY 14 – SATURDAY – CAPE TOWN: MORNING TABLE MOUNTAIN & CAPE TOWN CITY TOUR – R 570.00 per person excluding the cost of the Table Mountain cable way ticket
- Travel by cable car to the top of Table Mountain (weather permitting), then descend to further explore the city.
- DAY 14 – SATURDAY – CAPE TOWN: FULL DAY CAPE PENINSULA TOUR – R 1 300.00 per person
- Join this full day tour that explores the dramatic coastline of the Cape Peninsula including a visit to Boulders Beach penguin colony (entrance fee for own account) and Cape Point Nature Reserve.
- DAY 14 – SATURDAY – CAPE TOWN – FULL DAY CAPE WINELANDS TOUR – R 1 065.00 per person
- While South Africa's fertile valleys are world famous for their crisp white and classic French-style red wines, the area is also a treasury of rustic beauty and sprawling estates shaded by giant oak trees. Visit the country's principal wine routes of Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
2020 English Departures
- January - 12
- February - 9
- March - 8
- April - 12
- May - 10
- June - 7
- July - 5, 19
- August - 2, 16
- September - 6
- October - 4, 18
- November - 1, 15
- December - 6
2021 English Departures
- January - 10
- February - 7
- March - 7
- April - 11
- May - 9
- June - 6
- July - 4, 18
- August - 1, 15
- September - 5
- October - 3, 17
- November - 7, 21
- December - 5
- All departures are in English commentary
- Group Tour based on Minimum 2 Guests and Maximum 40 Guests
- This tour travels through eSwatini (Swaziland) and Lesotho. Please check visa requirements, as certain nationalities may require visas in order to travel through eSwatini (Swaziland) and Lesotho.
2020 & 2021 Rates
- RATES valid 01/01/20 - 30/04/20 and 01/01/21 - 30/04/21
- R 29,585 per person sharing twin/double accommodation
- R 37,895 per single person
- RATES valid 01/05/20 - 31/07/20 and 01/05/21 - 31/07/21
- R 28,330 per person sharing twin/double accommodation
- R 36,720 per single person
- RATES valid 01/08/20 - 31/12/20 and 01/08/21 - 31/12/21
- R 30,535 per person sharing twin/double accomodation
- R 39,435 per single person
- Accommodation featured:
- Protea Hotel OR Tambo or similar x 1 night
- Hippo Hollow Country Estate or similar x 2 nights
- Lugogo Sun or similar x 1 night
- Anew Hotel Hluhluwe or similar x 1 night
- Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge or similar x 1 night
- Drakensberg Gardens Hotel or similar x 2 nights
- Crawford’s Beach Lodge or similar x 1 night
- Tsitsikamma Village Inn or similar x 1 night
- Premier Hotel The Moorings or similar x 1 night
- Diaz Hotel & Resort or similar x 1 night
- Sunsquare Cape Town Gardens or similar x 2 nights